Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Slinking Back to Weight Watchers

I just realized that "slinking" can have the connotation of a sexy walk as well as the connotation of a dog with its tail between its legs. Let's use the second sense of the word, shall we?

I rejoined Weight Watchers yesterday, with a bit of bitterness. I'm annoyed with myself for not keeping it together and JUST EATING BETTER, and instead I have to join a group of chubby cheerleaders at weekly weigh-ins and meetings. I'll admit I am enjoying the structure of the program as well as its freedoms. According to the program, I am permitted to eat from the Core Foods List until I am satisfied. I don't even have to count points except for the extras (dessert, full-fat dairy, sugar, etc.). It is quite satisfying and certainly reasonable enough to continue indefinitely. It was counting the points that used to grate on me, and now that I have the Core option, it's a better fit. Let's hope my pants see it that way.

I am supplementing my new eating habits with some intense gym workouts. Ouch--my muscles are worked from doing the weight circuit both today and yesterday! I'm waiting for the part where working out gives me more energy instead of less.

I have created some incentives for myself for every five pounds lost. Some incentives involve personal care (massage, pedicure), while some involve fashion (new shoes, a dress). Not even one incentive involves food. Well duh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home