Thursday, March 17, 2005

Celebration!

Alex, Sophie and I went out to dinner at Benihana tonight to celebrate my first Inchworm home show. (Think PartyLite, Tupperware, Mary Kay, etc. but with something truly USEFUL instead--handmade children's clothing!) I hit four digits! And so I took the kids to the most festive restaurant I could think of--and one that wasn't pushing green beer tonight. Their awed little faces were worth the price of admission as the chef chopped off shrimp tails, flicked them into the air and caught them in his pocket or on top of his hat. At one point, Alex's mouth was actually hanging open; I think it was when the chef made a "volcano" by stacking rings of onions and pouring some water in the middle to make "smoke." Sophie said excitedly, "He's doin' tricks!"

On a down note, I tore the back of my black eyelet skirt today. I need to act fast before my blog title becomes obsolete.

3 Comments:

Blogger Munkee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Munkee said...

Congrats Michelle!

The great thing about Benihana is in the midst of the hoopla, the food is actually quite tasty!

We went to a teppan house for Cybil's birthday once and our chef was drunk! We should've known when we first sat down as his name tag said, "Ken Budweiser". By the way, this actually made things more interesting...drunkeness, sharp knives, and fire. It's a recipe for adventure!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Bluecanopy said...

Hooray for the home show...I'm glad it went well :) Now for the word to spread...I bet all of those St. John's mom's will eat it up! Sew like the wind! BTW, I love that black skirt, if I'm thinking of the right one.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home